Are you in one of those tough situations right now where you’re unsure if you should stick it out a little bit longer with your home’s water heater or just cut your losses? This is all too common for homeowners here in Gainesville, FL, and often, we encounter people after a messy unit breakdown when they’ve waited too long to make the call.
We don’t want you to end up in a difficult situation like this. Instead, we want you to make the right call when it counts. That’s why we’ve brought together all our best tips and warning signs to warn you of.
If you take a look at everything we’ve rounded up below and realize that you need to ditch your current water heater and choose a new one, it’s time for you to schedule an appointment with us. We’re experts when it comes to water heaters in Gainesville, FL.
A Few Signs That Your Water Heater Has Seen Better Days
We’ve rounded up just a few signs that it might be time for you to replace your heater. If you read everything below and you’re still unsure, you can contact our technicians.
- Your Bills Hurt Your Wallet: Your heating bill should be a pretty expected price each time you get it. If you ever get a water bill that takes the wind right out of your sails, it’s probably time for you to consider upgrading your water heater.
- Your Water Tastes or Looks Funky: When you go to wash your hands do you notice that the water isn’t clear? Maybe the water has a reddish or orange color. When you go to the tap for a glass of water do you notice that it smells a little off? These are all signs of corrosion in your water heater tank.
- You’re Taking Cold Showers: We don’t mean taking an intentional cold shower—these can be a nice pick-me-up or a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. We’re talking about a hot shower devolving into a lukewarm or icy cold one. This is a major sign of water heater failure.
- There Are Signs of Corrosion: If you’re seeing physical signs of corrosion on the exterior of your water heater then it’s really time for you to consider replacement.
- Your System Has Reached Its Golden Years: If your water heater is older than 20 years, it’s time for you to consider replacing it no matter the status. The decline will surely start soon and it’s important to get ahead of the curve.
Maybe you’ve read everything above and now you have a pit in your stomach thinking about the process of water heater replacement. You’ve got to cut an ample amount of time out of your schedule to allow a technician to come into your home, shell out a large amount of money for a new unit, and worry about the installation services too. We know that the thought of water heater replacement doesn’t seem fun, but it doesn’t have to be a drag or a financial burden when you rely on our team members. We strive to give you the best service possible. We’re always going to keep efficiency in mind so come to us today.
Contact Affinity Gas today. We can help you get the best water heater for your home because we’re “The Gas Efficiency Experts.”