Skip navigation

Serving Gainesville, FL

24 Hour Emergency Service


Serving Gainesville, FL


Affinity Gas Services Blog

 Why You Might Want a New Gas Furnace


Are you thinking about a new gas furnace for your home this winter? If so, we have everything you need to know about from choosing the right furnace for your home to understanding installation. You’re not alone in wanting a gas furnace. They’re one of the more popular heating choices for homeowners. 

Gas furnaces offer a variety of benefits, the best of which is that if and when power goes out during a storm, you’ll still have heat because your unit is attached to a natural gas line. Don’t have a gas line yet? That’s OK! We can help you with gas line installation in Gainesville as you plan ahead for your new gas furnace. 

Avoiding a Fuel Tank

Many homeowners switch from an on-site propane tank to a natural gas line for their furnace, and here’s why:

  • Natural gas saves space over a large propane tank that has to sit in your yard
  • There’s less of a fire hazard with natural gas
  • No more scheduling fuel deliveries
  • Heat on-demand instead of worrying about your propane tank running out

Energy Efficiency

A gas furnace is very energy efficient. It does lose some of its energy due to the combustion process, but it’s easy to pick out a unit that offers the best efficiency. When you look at the efficiency rating on a furnace you’ll see a number like 80 on it. This means that 80% of the energy used goes directly into creating heat for your home. The other 20% gets lost to combustion.

Lower Your Carbon Footprint

If you’re aware of environmental impact and want to make a difference then a gas furnace may be the way to go. A gas furnace is better for the environment because you are investing in a sustainable source of energy.

Reliable Comfort

The number one benefit of a gas furnace is that you can have reliable heat in the event of a power outage. If you lose electricity during a winter storm, your gas furnace can still keep your home warm without needing electricity. Plus, the temperature of the air reaches up to 110 degrees, so it can heat your home quickly when the temperature inside gets too low.

Increase Your Home Value

When potential home buyers are shopping around, having a natural gas line is definitely a plus when looking at a home to buy. Electricity can be more expensive when it comes to heating a home, and less reliable when you consider power outages. Gas furnaces offer a wide variety of benefits and can last for up to 20 years before needing to be replaced, increasing the value of the investment.

Contact Affinity Gas Services today to schedule an appointment with our professionals. We’re “The Gas Efficiency Experts.”

Comments are closed.

Join our Mailing List: